Years ago my then boyfriend and I went to the Winchester Mystery House for a Halloween night tour. Having arrived early, we were hungry and looked across the street at the Santana Row shopping/condo complex and ended up at Maggiano's for a fantastic Italian dinner. It was so good, that even though I had no idea if they were independent or a chain or what, I remembered them.
Turns out they are a group of over 40 restaurants now and the latest one, and the fifth for California, has just come to Arden Fair Mall.
Here are some reasons Maggiano's is going to become your new favorite Italian restaurant.
- They make all their pasta, sauces, and dressings, etc. fresh daily from scratch.
- They have a new Lighter Take menu where they take some of your favorites and they lighten the calorie load. In my case, I ordered the chicken piccata and it seemed they reduced it by only giving a little fettuccine and instead added nice sauteed spinach. Loved it!
- They have gluten-free pasta.
- They have a thing called On the House Classic Pastas. You order a pasta dish to eat in the restaurant and then they give you ANOTHER one to take home! Two for the price of one! Update: They don't have to be the same! I had Alfredo to eat and took home lasagna!
- If you sign up for their e-newsletter you'll get a $10 coupon to your next visit. And if you complete your profile, you get a free dessert!
If these aren't enough reasons to try them out, plus the fact that Ms. Munchie loves it, then you can keep going to >>>>>> (I'll refrain from naming gross, low level chains and fast food.)