The most anticipated restaurant opening of the fall is not something new, but rather a favorite moved to a new location. The new Kru will open at the beginning of November.
For those unfamiliar with Kru Contemporary Japanese Cuisine, it's one of the few Sacramento restaurants to earn four full stars from the Sacramento Bee. It's also where you will often find our best area chefs dining when they have a day off.
Owner Bill Ngo may not be Japanese, but he's doing Japanese in a fresh, contemporary way. Here you will find mixed Asian flavors and techniques using the freshest of seafood and local ingredients. This expertise has led him to not only being a favorite among his peers, but he's also finding recognition elsewhere. He's been invited to both the Pebble Beach and the Los Angeles Food & Wine Shows and you may have also seen him on television on Cutthroat Kitchen.
New to this location:
- large patio featuring a limited menu, smoking permitted
- small dining patio, non-smoking
- large bar featuring craft cocktails
- private dining room that doubles as a retail bottle shop selling whiskeys and sake
- much longer sushi bar
- expanded menu adding izakaya
- Bill sporting short hair for the first time in ???!!!
|None before, now two patios!|
|Much longer sushi bar - zigzag shape|
|butcher block tables with benches and wood seats|
|fish skin chicharron for garnishing|
|private dining room/bottle shop|
|none before, now a large bar!|
|unagi and rice|