Chow chow is a Southern relish that is known for including green tomatoes and a variety of other vegetables. It's one of those recipes that every family makes their own version. I happen to like the extra crunch factor with corn.
What can chow chow be used for besides the common uses on burgers and hot dogs? Here are a few great ideas:
- Mix it into tuna, chicken, or egg salads.
- Use it in deviled eggs.
- Mix it with mayo for a tartar sauce for seafood.
- Mix it with sour cream or Greek yogurt for a dip.
- Serve it on a charcuterie or cheese board.
- Serve it with meats and seafood.
- Mix it into your ground beef for burgers, meat balls, and meatloafs.
|This recipe almost made 8 pts (1/2 pint jars shown)|
Southern Chow Chow with Corn